Friday, July 13, 2012

Spaghetti with Mushrooms

Most days I'm so busy that my lunch consists of a piece of wheat bread with crunchy peanut butter and apricot jam. But today is different! I have the day to myself at the house, so in between laundry and sweeping, I decided to fix up some hot lunch. On today's menu: 15-minute pasta with mushrooms! This is such a simple, quick meal, and it is one of my favorite lunches to whip up when I'm home alone.

The ingredients:


Olive oil
Spaghetti
1 clove of garlic
Mushrooms (I like using mini portobellos)
Romano cheese.

And that's it!

So let's get to it. Cook the pasta per package directions, and heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Slice up the mushrooms and chop of the clove of garlic. Then add the mushrooms to the hot olive oil and saute. If the olive oil gets soaked up by the mushrooms, add a bit more--this will be the "sauce" of your pasta.


 After a few minutes, add the garlic and saute until they're just starting to turn golden.


Put the spaghetti in the skillet and toss to coat. Make sure and mix it all up so you'll get a forkful of mushroom and garlic with each bite.


Pour contents of skillet into your favorite bowl, and sprinkle with some romano cheese.


And there you have it! With about 15 minutes and a few ingredients you have a simple, delicious meal that is definitely one of my favorites. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment